Terms & Conditions
- “The Company” means Florida Marquees (Yorkshire) Ltd trading as “Florida Marquees”.
- “The Hirer” is the Company, Person, Firm or Public Authority named on the Hire Contract who hires the equipment from the above company. Where two or more persons constitute the Hirer then all obligations entered into by such persons under the Hire Contract shall be joint.
- “The Equipment” is all the equipment specified or referred to within the hire Contract.
- “The Hire Rate” means the rate charged for the for the standard hire period.
- “Hire Charges” means the total amount that is due to the Company which include in respect of Delivery, Erection, Disassembly and Collection of the Equipment and the Deposit.
- “The Hire Period” means 2 days unless specified differently within the Hire Contract.
- “The Hire Contract” means the information appearing on the front of our Quotation, hire details listed on an Invoice or within an email and these Terms and Conditions.
- Booking of equipment will only be considered confirmed upon receipt of a 30% or 10% Deposit as stated on the Hire Contract.
- Payment of the remaining balances are due 4 weeks prior to the event which is a 50% Deposit & then 7 days prior to the event.
- Invoices will be sent to the Hirer either by email or Post stating amounts due.
- The Company reserves the right to alter the hire rate in the event of increase in the cost of transport / Fuel.
- We Reserve the right to charge interest at 4.5% above base rate calculated daily on all amounts outstanding from the date payment is due until the date payment is received.
3 No Title to Hirer
All equipment is hired by the Company to the hirer for the hire period at the hire rate set out within the hire contract and the hirer shall be a mere Bailee of the equipment and no interest in the equipment shall pass to the Hirer. The Agreement is personal to the Hirer and is not capable of assignment. They must not sub hire or part Possession of the equipment.
4 Commencement of the Hire Period
The Period of Hire shall commence when you collect the Equipment from us or our Staff arrive at the site with all or any of the equipment. It shall continue until all of our Equipment has been removed from the site or returned to our premises by the hirer and for the avoidance of doubt will not exceed 84 days. Late returns are charged at 20% of our list hire price.
5 Termination of Hire Period
The Hire Period shall determine and the Company shall be entitled to immediate recovery of any equipment in the following instances:
- Upon breach by the hirer of these Terms and Conditions
- Expiry of the Hire Period specified within the Contract.
- In the event of loss or damage of the Equipment, upon such date of the company agrees to accept from the hirer the equipment in its then state and conditions and compensation in accordance with these Terms and Conditions of hire.
- Any event which disorderly behaviour threatens the Safety of our staff or Equipment.
In the event of a cancellation a cancellation fee may be payable at our sole discretion. The booking fee (Deposit) paid prior to the contract is non-refundable.
7 Delivery of Equipment
- Any equipment ordered and delivered to site will be charged for. Second and Subsequent deliveries of equipment delivered to site due to order changes will be charged for at an agreed price.
- No liability is accepted for delays or non-performance of the contract due to force majeure, act of God, the requirement of any statutory authority, fire, accident, dispute, your failure to obtain any necessary permissions /licenses or anything beyond our reasonable control.
8 Site/Address at which equipment will be kept
- If there are any abnormal conditions attaching to the site which affect the installation of the equipment we reserve the right to make a further charge to cover any additional costs. Transport Charges are quoted on clear vehicular access to a ground floor location.
- We are not responsible for any damage to the site on which the equipment is installed and this shall be your sole responsibility.
9 Exclusion / Indemnities
The company shall not be liable for any loss, damage or injury arising out of the use of or failure of the goods or the equipment or any defect in them save for any liability in respect of death or personnel injury which arises directly from our negligence.
We accept no liability nor responsibility for any indirect or consequential loss or damage or costs due to the breakdown, damage or stoppage of the equipment.
10 Damage / Loss of Equipment
- Any damage or loss to the equipment must be reported to us forthwith. You will be fully responsible for any loss of or damage caused to the Equipment during the period of hire. It is the responsibility of the hirer to make sure that the equipment is fully covered by their own insurance against theft, damage and public liability risks.
- Any lost or damaged equipment will be charged for at purchase price per item to the hirer stated on the written documents.
11 Provisions of Labour and Services by the Company
- If the company is required to provide additional staff in connection with installation or delivery of the equipment extra charges will be added. All hire charges are calculated on the basis that vehicular access to the venue / marquee is available and that all relevant information has been supplied by the hirer and that nothing unforeseen becomes apparent on delivery or installation or use of the Equipment.
- The Hire Charge does not include any making good or repair of damage to the site unless agreed between the Company and Hirer.
- In the event of an emergency we reserve the right to substitute alternative sizes of marquee to give the equivalent requirements.
12 Sale of Goods
- The risk in Goods sold passes to you at the time of delivery. The title to Goods supplied remains with us until we have received a cash payment in full of the price of the goods and all other goods agreed to be sold by us to you for which payment is due. New goods are warranted for 90 days excepting fair wear and tear or misuse. Our liability in the event of any valid claim for faulty goods is limited to replacement of the goods or, at our sole discretion, refund of the price.
- Second hand goods are sold “as seen” with no warranty given or implied. We will have no liability whatsoever in respect of such goods.
- All and any business we undertake is transacted subject to the conditions set out herein. All other terms and conditions are hereby excluded.
- If any term of these conditions are held invalid, this shall not affect the validity of the remaining terms.
- Acceptance of the Goods and/or the Equipment implies acceptance of these conditions.